Among Yogis, Vinyasa Yoga & Hatha Yoga are popular exercises. During Vinyasa Yoga, your goal is to release energy, while in Hatha Yoga, you are going to find the balance between your mind, body and energy. Both forms of Yoga are good for your mental and physical health.
What is Vinyasa Yoga?
Vinyasa is a well-known form of yoga. Think of Vinyasa as a series of postures that you practice one after the other. In a certain order to the rhythm of your breathing, which puts you in a certain flow and releases a lot of energy. Vinyasa Yoga is also called Flow Yoga. The idea is that the exercises flow smoothly into each other.
The Sun Salutation
The sun salutation is a well-known Yoga posture that falls under Vinyasa Yoga. The posture sun salutation has been around for thousands of years and originated in India. The sun salutation pose is often done in the morning to start the day energetically. What also comes back in this pose is the rhythm of your breathing. This yoga pose is done as exercises separately or before a more vigorous yoga practice.
Benefits Vinyasa Yoga:
- It cleanses your body: the movements you do with Vinyasa Yoga get your blood circulation going and this helps you get rid of waste faster.
- Good way of moving: the dynamic and strong postures demand a lot from your body, after a Vinyasa Yoga class you feel like you’ve really done something!
- You become more flexible: Vinyasa Yoga helps a lot to make your body more flexible because of the variety of exercises you do.
- More energy: with Vinyasa Yoga you are not only working on your physical health, but also on your mental health. This can give you more energy.
- More strength: with certain postures and exercises you are using your muscle mass a lot, this is why you create more strength at some point.
- Conscious breathing: the breathing part is very important in Vinyasa Yoga. You will learn how to breathe consciously.
What is Hatha Yoga?
Hatha Yoga is a well-known type of Yoga, which is widely practiced. Many newer Yoga forms are derived from the ancient Hatha. Hatha Yoga is also called a form of self-transformation. This Yoga balances your mind, body and energy. It increases your happiness and reduces the suffering you endure. Hatha Yoga focuses on the physical, spiritual, mental and emotional. The yoga form is moderate in intensity.
Hatha Yoga is perhaps the most popular form of yoga, especially if you are still searching for the right yoga form it is often used. ‘Ha’ refers to sun and ‘tha’ to the moon. Also called the male and female part. With Hatha Yoga you release a lot of energy, so it can be quite powerful. On the other hand, you want to bring the energy you release back into balance. You don’t have much energy if you can’t send the energy in the right direction at that moment. The masculine and feminine parts come into balance here. The fiery of the man who wants to release energy and the calming of the woman who balances that energy. The goal of Hatha Yoga is to become more powerful and have more life energy with the right balance.
Benefits of Hatha Yoga
You create strength and flexibility because the Hatha exercises are fairly intense.
You create more energy because you make your body stronger and more flexible during Hatha Yoga.
You improve your breathing. Because you focus on your breathing during the exercises you get more control.
Your focus would become better. Because you are consciously balancing your body, thoughts and spirit, your focus will improve.
More connection. In Hatha Yoga, the feminine and masculine connect.
Difference between Vinyasa and Hatha Yoga
Hatha Yoga is not the same as Vinyasa Yoga. Hatha is a bit more static than Vinyasa Yoga where the movements are very fluid. With Hatha Yoga you focus mainly on balance and on physical and mental health. With Vinyasa Yoga the focus is mainly on energy and breathing.
Vinyasa Yoga and Hatha Yoga are both good for mental and physical health. Take a moment for yourself and choose a Yoga practice that suits your feeling of the day. To make your yoga practice complete we have the finest yoga mats and yoga blocks at A-FTNSS.